Monday, March 3, 2008

The cake headache

Last Thursday was Miles' first Blue and Gold Dinner for Scouts. Each boy is in charge of making and decorating a cake for the event. I had NO CLUE what to do. I am not very crafty in the cake decorating department. My idea of decorating a cake is frosting a cake then going to Target to find a small toy to put on top!! I asked for some ideas from some good friends. I couldn't believe all of the ideas that I got!! I decided on using a friends Giant Cupcake Pan. It was a success. It makes one huge giant cupcake, then I frosted the bottom brown and the top pink (supposed to be red) and then we stuck chop sticks out of the top. (The theme was Chinese New Year.) It was very easy to do and I didn't mess it up too badly. I was proud of myself for making a decent looking cake that wasn't in a 9x13 pan. So this is what it looked like after days of worrying about it:

1 comment:

Lynndi said...

Excellent job. It looks good. I want to eat it. You're a great mom!!!