Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Brithday Alexandra!

We celebrated Alexandra's first birthday yesterday. It was a busy and somewhat stressful day for me, but we survived and had a good time. After running around town getting decorations, cake and ice cream and getting her pictures taken at JCPenney. We had her birthday party. Grandma & Grandpa Doll came over, along with Great-Grandma Duncan and Aunt Denise. We ate Skipolini's pizza and salad for dinner. We followed with opening presents. Alexandra got a ton of cute clothes in the 12 to 18 month size range. She liked all her clothes, and tried putting them on her head. Then we followed with chocolate cake with raspberry filling and vanilla ice cream.

Time for dinner birthday girl!
"Leave me alone, Caden, it's my birthday!"
She liked her balloon.

She really liked her new swimsuit.
The cake.
"I'm not sure how I feel about this whole blowing out the candles business?!"
"I do know that I like chocolate cake!"
"I really, really like it!"
Taking a bath to clean up the chocolate.

3 comments:

Janthony said...

She's getting SO big! I think we'll need to make a trip home before Russia, otherwise your kids won't remember us when we get back!

Kati said...

I can't believe she's one already! She is so cute and we both feel the same way about chocolate cake!

Brianne said...

I love that she is trying to wack caden while sitting in her high chair. That's funny. I loved seeing all the pics of her birthday. I also loved how she took a head dive after taking her ilttle steps. That was awesome. She is cute little woman! She has so much tim in her. She is cute of course. Love you