Thursday, February 14, 2008

Miles' Baptism

Saturday, February 2nd was a special day for our family. First off it was the day of President Hinckley's Funeral. Second Miles was baptized. The whole program turned out perfect and the spirit was felt very strongly. Grandma Redding gave the opening prayer and Grandma Doll spoke about Baptism. (With only a few tears shed.) Then Miles was baptized by his dad. Grandpa Doll and Grandpa Redding were the witnesses. All went good. (No re-dos unlike the little girl who was baptized right after Miles.) After they got dressed, Miles was confirmed a received the Holy Ghost. I am so proud of Tim for doing such a great job and being able to hold the priesthood and being a good dad. I am proud of Miles for being a good kid and wanting to be baptized. Those who helped with the confirmation were: Grandpa Doll, Grandpa Redding, Uncle Mark Doll, Bishop Score, Travis Burr, Chris Rossi & Jerry Keiser. We want to thank all of our friends and family who came to support Miles on his special day.

New Suit. Doesn't he look so grown up and handsome?!
Doll family members.
Grandma & Grandpa Redding.
(That is why my parents drove with us back to Concord from Disneyland so that they could attend the baptism.) My dad said that the baptism was the best thing that happened all week.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

how come dad isn't dressed up? He must've changed super fast. I wish we could've been there for Mile's baptism.

April J. said...

I am just getting around to catching up. Congrats to Miles, we are bummed we weren't there but he was in our thoughts. I can't wait for our own little baptism!