There are a few reasons for the lack of posting:
1. We were on vacation for 6 days.
2. I got sick after we returned from vacation.
3. I am lazy.
4. Trying to figure out where all my free time has gone recently.
So I am hoping to catch up on some things that have happened the last few weeks.
I will start with the Friday before we left to go on vacation. Many of you know that I was babysitting Kaysee. She was at our house 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. She is also 20 days younger than Caden. So it was like have twins -- who constantly fought with each other. I kept telling Tim that I couldn't handle having her at the house anymore. I was so stressed out at the end of every day. He kept telling me that it will get better. And one night gave me a blessing to keep me going. A few weeks later I knew I couldn't keep it up anymore. And Tim was starting to feel the same way (finally!) Then the Thursday and Friday before we left were pure HELL. I had had ENOUGH. (I'm not going to get into everything that happened but it kept getting worse.) Friday night I was taking a bubble bath and Kaysee was sitting in the longest time out when Tim came home from work. It was time to tell Kaysee's dad that we couldn't watch her anymore. (This was hard to do because Tim has known Kaysee's dad for about 20 years, and we knew that he didn't have a lot of money for childcare. But it was better for our family if she wasn't at our house anymore.) Kaysee's dad picked her up and about an hour later Tim made the phone call. I made him do it. I couldn't. I hate confrontations with people, and not wanting to hurt their feelings. And it was done. We felt like it was a good time. Because we were leaving and her dad was taking the week off, (because he didn't get a babysitter) so he had time to find something else for her to go to by the time we got back. What a relief. Our Disneyland trip was much needed so I could get out of the house.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Long time and no posts
Posted by
brittany doll
at
6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
So sorry! They say it's different with your own kids...and it is. For some reason I can tolerate my own kids better than others. You are so brave to have taken her for so much time in your day. I can't imagine that it was easy on your kids either.
Sounds like you made the right choice for you AND your family. I've done 'childcare' babysitting before & have decided that it's not for me. Glad that Disneyland came at the perfect time!
You're a saint for taking care of her for as long as you did. I'm sad we missed all the Disneyland fun. Great Grandma riding a roller coaster-priceless!
Wow, 12 hours a day is crazy. Glad to hear you had a much needed break.
Post a Comment