We had a great time in Disneyland. We ended up going for 5 days. (I think the original plan was for 3 1/2 days). Sunday morning we woke up early and drove down to So. Cal. We left early because the Tejon Pass had been closed a few days earlier and we were hoping to beat some bad weather that was headed that way. We made it to Anaheim a little before noon and walked on over to Disneyland from our Hotel. We took our jackets because it was a little chilly and overcast. I almost forgot to mention that it was Miles' 8th brithday. The boys were excited, and Alexandra was just looking at everything and taking it all in. We went on the Jungle Cruise and on the Matterhorn that day because I read online that they would both be closed starting Monday. Ok, I know that the Jungle Cruise is a little cheesey with the same jokes, but hey it is part of the Disneyland experience, right?? We were enjoying our time with our little family (before the rest of the family showed up). And then it started to sprinkle little drops of rain. Me and the boys were standing in line for the Casey Jr. train and Tim was sitting with a short-napping Alexandra. By the time we got on the train it was pouring. I asked one of the workers what closes when it rains at Disneyland. He said the only rides that close are the teacups and Alice in Wonderland. So we rode. We were lucky that we were in the front of the line and got to sit in the monkey cage (which was covered). However there were these 2 guys who were sitting right behind us in a car that wasn't covered. It was hilarious watching them get wet and trying to hide under their small umbrella. Then after the ride was over the rain stopped. So I looked at Tim and there was no one in line for Dumbo. What?? There is always a line for Dumbo!! So we walked over and got right on. I've never had that happen before. It was great. Our butts got a little wet from sitting on the wet ride but nothing worth complaining about. We were enjoying our time until about 4 p.m. My parents and brother had just flown in from Utah and had just entered Disneyland when the rain hit. It was pouring. It was insane. There was water flowing everywhere. My parents bought us all $6 Disneyland ponchos, but I really think we were already too wet for the ponchos to keep us dry. We stayed until about 6:00 and decided that it is no fun being wet at Disneyland and walked back the the hotel for the rest of the night. We went to IHOP to celebrate Miles' brithday. (The food wasn't that great, and my dad and I got sick. So we will probably never eat at that IHOP again.)
Everyday that we went back to Disneyland turned out to be a little bit better weather wise. Monday was still cold, but by Thursday we were wearing our short sleeve shirts with no jackets during the day. Linda and Sherman and Great-Grandma Duncan flew down on Sunday night to hang out with us for a few days. My Aunt and Uncle and 2 of my cousins (along with 2 of their cousins from the other side of the family) came down on Monday night. Monday night we sang Happy Birthday to Miles at the hotel and had cupcakes that I had made before leaving. We didn't light any candles because no one had a lighter and I had forgotten to bring one.
Tuesday morning we went over to California Adventure. We rode Tower of Terror first off. But Miles wouldn't go on it. Then we rode on Soarin' over California. Miles wouldn't go on it. Then we went to ride on California Screamin.' Miles wouldn't go on it. We went on the Golden Zephyr. Miles wouldn't go on it.. Do you see a pattern?? He wouldn't go on anything that day for the first 3 hours. He was being a brat. Caden went on everything (except California Screamin' because he's not tall enough). Then we split up after lunch and Miles went to hang out with my 18-year-old cousin, Chey. After that we didn't see much of Miles for the rest of the week, he wanted to hang out with the "big kids" who are definately cooler than Mom and Dad. Miles went on pretty much everything they did including Tower of Terror. I think he went on Indiana Jones about 5 times. The only thing that he still will not go on is California Screamin'. We will get him on it one day.
Wednesday morning I had bought tickets off e-bay to go to the Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness. You get to go into Toontown an hour before it opens to everyone in the park. They have a show with all the characters. We took the kids and Caden and Alexandra seemed to really like it. Afterwards all the characters come out and you can get autographs and pictures taken with them. Caden was totally into getting autographs this year. He thought it was the coolest thing. He accumulated quite a few this trip.
Wednesday night, a cousin of mine from my mom's side, is in the Marines drove up from San Diego to visit with everyone for a few hours. I haven't seen Ty in about 15 years. I was good to see him.
One of my favorite rides this time was when we went on Splash Mountain. We got on a log with Tim in the front, followed by Miles, my Dad, Me, Parker with Sherman and Caden sharing a seat in the back. None of us really wanted to get wet because it wasn't that warm to dry off. We went down and Tim and Caden got soaked. The rest of us were still fairly dry. It was hilarious.
We ended up staying all day Thursday because my parents got sick and stayed most of the day in the hotel. The plan had been to leave that afternoon to drive back to Concord but we ended up staying an extra night and left Friday morning. It was a packed car. 4 adults and 3 kids in a Ford Explorer. With a car topper full. And somehow Tim got pulled over for speeding after being on the freeway for about 2 miles from Disneyland. Go figure. I'm sure I left out a ton of details on everything that we did. But we had fun seeing family, riding all the rides, taking Alexandra to the Princess Fantasy Faire, watching Miles get picked for the Star Wars Jedi Training Academy and so much more. We told my Aunt and Uncle the next time that they go that we will just send Miles down to go with them. He liked hanging out with them so much more.
Note: I am going to post this without pictures for right now. Tim thinks our motherboard is dead on our home computer, so I am using his laptop. When I can get the pictures off our computer I will add them.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Disneyland 2008
Posted by
brittany doll
at
4:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment