Friday, April 16, 2010

Alexandra's 3rd Birthday

Alexandra's birthday was low-key. We went to Panda Express/Rubio's for her birthday dinner. (Then Caden and I had to go to Kohl's to pick him up a new pair of shoes.)

Zani got lots of dresses for her birthday. What else could a princess want? She also got a princess trike and some My Little Ponies.

Let's count how many outfits she goes through in an hour's time!
Outfit #1 (from Grandma & Grandpa Redding)
Outfit #2 (from Grandma & Grandpa Doll)
Ta-Da!
Outfit #3 (from Grandma & Grandpa Redding)
Outfit #4 (from Mom & Dad)
She is talking to my mom on the phone and holding up "3" fingers for her birthday. She loves birthdays and opening presents.

Almost everyday I have this conversation:
Alexandra: "Zani's birthday?"
Me: "No, it's daddy's birthday." (or fill in the blank of someones birthday ex: mommy's, Sophie's ect.)
Alexandra: "No it's Zani's birthday today. Open presents?"

She is talking so clear. And is definitely a drama queen and wants to be independent. She can be pretty funny. She will put her toys away and say "2 points." Tim is so proud! I think her favorite foods are popcorn and yogurt. She is tall and super skinny. She will put herself to bed for a nap all by herself, but getting to go to sleep at night is a whole different story.

I am also trying to potty train her but I'm not consistent enough. But she likes wearing her "underwears" aka pull-ups. She will go potty all by herself at home only when she wants to. And if we are out in public she will use the potty there anytime. Tim and her went to the A's game the other night together and he had to take her potty in the men's restroom there.

We love this little girl!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

I was just thinking how many times today mayley changed her clothes today!! Probably like 5!!! Sounds like zannie. They do have that in common for sure. That's hilarious. Remember the pic of Caden when he was 3 or 2? and he did the same thing on the phone and held his fingers up talking to mom!! That's cute!

Kati said...

She went from baby to big girl FAST! Wow what a cutie!

Char said...

Im trying to potty train Maeli too. Its sounds very similar....
So frustrating when I know she can go but she just doesnt want to AGHH!