So I turned 31 in March.
All I have to say is that it bothered me a little to turn 31.
I was totally fine with turning 30.
But 31. Ick!
I don't know why it bothered me so much.
31 is not a nice even number.
When I fill out surveys I have to check the box that says age 31-39 or 40. No good.
It made me feel old. Even though I don't feel old.
**********
Anyway. I actually had a nice birthday. Tim definitely spoiled me. I was able to go out to lunch with a few friends and Tim watched the kids. Tim bought me a snazzy new hp printer. Just what I wanted!!
That night he surprised me with tickets to the Zac Brown Band at the Fox Theater in Oakland.
We were going to eat at this swanky little restaurant near the Theater. We got there and there was a long wait. So we decided to start walking around Oakland and we were sure we could find another place to eat at. We made a big circle and only found a greasy 1/4lb. burger joint. We couldn't even sit inside and eat because it was dark and it was in Oakland. (aka not the best area to be in.) We ordered and ended up eating the greasy (and expensive) food in Tim's car and then went to the concert. I have to say the ZBB are very good live. There are other artists (like Taylor Swift) who have great studio voices but are terrible live. This was an awesome concert.
Even though I turned 31 ... it turned out to be a great day. And we will never forget where we ate at that night!!
*********
Here is a little taste of the ZBB at the CMA awards. They also did this song at the concert and it was amazing.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Brittany+2010=31
Posted by
brittany doll
at
11:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Brittany . . . so fun to get caught up with pics on your blog. I hate when I get behind blogging -it feels like more of a project than fun when I do . . . so I can appreciate the effort it took to get you up-to-date. The kids continue to grow up - same faces just more mature. We look forward to hugging those cute faces in person!
You should have called us! We could have told you a good place to eat around these neck of the woods. Glad you had a good b-day. We haven't even been to the FOX theater yet.
Glad you have updated. It's been awhile and it's fun to see your family and how they have grown.
Maybe an A's game this summer?
Instead of commenting on each post (way to go by the way!) I will just say I still have you on my reader and love seeing regular posts instead of all the coupon posts. I think it would be cool to have 6 1/2 straight weeks of partying.
You're not old. I have friends out here in my ward that are older than you!! You get to go to the coolest concerts! LUCKY!
So many posts......but your back!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!
Happy birthday, Brittany! I can't believe how time has flown. 31? I swear we were kids at the Scroll!
You're 31!?! I'm only 29 for a couple more years. Sounds like a fun birthday!
Post a Comment