Sunday, July 1, 2007

New Calling

Saturday night we went to Lincoln Lopez's Baptism. Afterwards, Bishop Score came up to Tim & I and said we needed to talk. You never know what is going to be said when the Bishop asks you to come into his office to talk. {My heart starts to beat a little faster.} We first started with some small talk and he asked us what our callings were and if we magnified our callings. Then he started to say that Sister Dangerfield has been the Relief Society President for about 6 years and her husband isn't doing well ... So I am thinking to myself "Relief Society President, NO way, I'm not old enough." Then he says that they are not releasing her {Thank goodness} but they are looking for a new 2nd Counselor who happens to be the Home, Family and Personal Enrichment Counselor because Jen Munns is moving in a few weeks {Thanks Jen}. So Bishop extended the call me! I was, and still am, feeling a little overwhelmed. It is going to take a lot of time, and planning and prioritizing of my time and life.
The amazing thing to me is how quickly it happened. Friday was our Stake Temple Day. Bishop Score said he was at the temple praying for an answer to fill this position. He said my name was the right one that came to mind. He saw Tim and I Friday evening at the Temple and he had his answer before he even saw us. So he extended the call to me Saturday night, before he had talked to his counselors, before he had talked to the Relief Society President. He just knew it was right. That testifies to me that I know this calling, at this time in my life, is right for me. It is truly inspired, because I wouldn't pick it. The Lord knows I need it. WOW!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I know how you feel! I have been the 2nd counselor for about a year now! It has been the hardest, yet most rewarding calling I have had so far! If you need any ideas, I'd be glad to share!!!

Mel said...

Best of luck with your new calling. You will do fantastic!

Emilee said...

How exciting! You'll do great and remember "Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies". Good luck!