We drove to Utah for the family reunion. I hate making that long drive from California to Utah. But I do have to say on the way there the kids were SO GOOD in the car! Thank goodness for portable DVD players. How did our parents ever survive without them for those long car trips??
We woke up at 4:00 in the morning to leave for the beautiful drive that awaited us. We arrived Thursday night July 12th and stayed at my parents house for the evening, We were too tired to do anything else. Friday morning we got up and drove to Huntsville to meet up with everyone at Pineview lake. After being in the water and getting sunburned, we drove back to my parents house. We celebrated my mom's 50th birthday with a BBQ and some not so tasty Carrot Cake from Costco. Then we went and had a family picture taken with my family because the last one we had professionally taken was when Caden was about 6 months old. On Saturday, after Tim started to feel better from being sunburned ... We drove up to Hooper to Kim & John's house. We had a great time. The boys got to swim, go "fishing," and hit the Elmo pinata. They were good at talking some smack that night too. Their favorite thing to say around all the Utah cousins was:
Miles: "Who dunked on Kirilenko?"
Caden would respond with "Baron Davis!!"
Tim was so proud!!
Just in case any one forgot:
Our cousin Jessica also made this awesome video for the family reunion:
We had a great night, hanging out with the family. My favorite part was Rebecca cutting my hair ... with an audience. She did a great job!
Suzi & Alexandra: I think our favorite activity that night was playing whiffle ball amongst the horse poop and the llamas:
We stayed Saturday and Sunday nights in Layton. Sunday we went to church in Kaysville. Off the subject here, but I just have to say that I felt a little claustrophobic being in Utah around so many Mormons in one place. I was ready to leave church!! It makes me realize how much I love our little ward here in California. Anyway, so Sunday night we went to Stef and Gary's house for dinner. We watched the older cousins play some 3-on-3 basketball. They are all getting old and out of shape!!
We ended the night with some stories about Grandpa and Grandma Doll and talked about the Doll Family Genealogy. Monday we got up and drove back down to my parents house to do laundry and pack up. We decided to start driving back to California that night. After we went to the Salt Lake Bees game. We drove to Winnemucca before finding a hotel room for the night at 3:00 a.m. We ended up finally getting home Tuesday afternoon. I think I am still recovering from the drive!! It was a great, and quick weekend. It was good to hang out with family and cousins that we haven't seen in years.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Doll Family Reunion in Utah
Posted by
brittany doll
at
12:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment