Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sounds like life to me ...

There is this country song by Darryl Worley called Sounds Like Life To Me. Here are some of the lyrics:

"Sarah’s old car’s about to fall apart
And the washer quit last week
We had to put momma in the nursing home
And the baby’s cutting teeth
I didn’t get much work this week
And I got bills to pay
I said I know this ain’t what you wanna hear
But it’s what I’m gonna say

(Chorus)
Sounds like life to me it ain’t no fantasy
It’s just a common case of everyday reality
Man I know it’s tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
It sounds like life to me"

I feel like this has been our life the last week. Our water heater quit working last Saturday night. Chris has come over to light the pilot light. Both Tim and I have lit the pilot light. PG&E came out on Tuesday to look at it. The problem is that the pilot light will not stay on. Wednesday we had an appliance guy come out and look at it. After 20 minutes of looking at the water heater (and being an hour and a half late) he said he couldn't fix it and called some of his friends to see if they could come out. So on Thursday we had someone else come to the house. He got the pilot light lit and said everything was fixed. OK... I called him back an hour later and said the pilot light was out again. So he came back and replaced the thermocoupler. (It was dark and rainy outside by the time he came back.) He said it should be good now. But guess what? We still have no hot water. The frustrating part is that the water heater is only a year and half old. The bank paid to have it put in before we bought the house. It has a 6 year warranty but we have NO paperwork on the unit. The water company said that they would replace it if we got the info on where the water heater was purchased and who installed it. So right now we have called our realtor and she has contacted the listing agent who is trying to figure out the info for us. If we don't get any information in the next day or 2 we are going to have to buy a new water heater.

So I took a freezing cold shower this morning. I have taken 3 somewhat warm showers at home. And 2 hot showers at the Ballins. Tim has been taking showers at work or at the gym. We took all the kids over to the Ballins last night for baths.

On top of this Caden has a penguin report due on Tuesday. It is Miles' birthday on Wednesday and Miles' 4th grade Mission report is due on Thursday. What a crazy week!!

This last week has been rough and I've been all emotional. But I guess that's life.

4 comments:

Adams said...

Ok, so I read your title and knew the song and I thought for sure you were posting the part of the song where the guy finds out that his wife is pregnant.......so if I can find you a silver lining on your dark cloudy week; its that you are not pregnant!
I sure do love you, Britt! I hope you are laughing at this week come Monday!

Brianne said...

wow britt! That's awful. So did you ever get the water heater fixed?!? I actually forgot it was miles' birthday on wednesday so i'm glad you reminded me. I wish I lived closer to help you out. I love you!

Char said...

Sorry about your water heater. I hope it gets fixed soon withou you having to pay for it. Its good to hear you have friends who are helping you. You are always welcome to come use our showers!

Jen said...

You're welcome to shower and/or bathe over here. Just let me know. When it rains it pours sometimes!!!