We surprised my family and drove out for Thanksgiving. We let Parker in on the secret after we were on the road. It was a surprise because we were already going to Utah for Christmas. We survived the long drive and arrived in Utah about 2:30 am Sunday night/Monday morning.
When we got to Utah there was snow on the ground, so the boys enjoyed it for a few days before it melted.We spent Thanksgiving day at my Aunt Jody and Uncle Bill's house, with our usual Thanksgiving food. I got to see most of my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and my cousins kids on my Dad's side. I only get to see them once or twice a year. It's always good to see family that I grew up with. Miles and Caden had a great time playing with their cousins. There are boys that are close to their age, so we didn't see them much - they were all running around.
We have a tradition of taking the baby's picture by the pecan pie. We tried it last year and Avery was crying in every picture. So this year turned out better. I also made this pie from scratch -- even the crust!Sitting at the big kids table!
Miles' Turkey day hair-do: He hadn't had a haircut since August. The longest it has ever been.
My dad, My bro-in-law Bryan and Tim:
For some reason I didn't take many pictures that day!
******************************************
The next day Tim and I went shopping on Black Friday in American Fork. I was excited because #1 Tim was coming with me. and #2 any presents that we bought could be left at my parents, and not hauled back home. We left at 1:15 am and stood in line for Old Navy. There was a promotion if you bought $20 worth of merchandise you would get Lego Rock Band for free. But they were also passing out wristbands. They ran out of wristbands about 10 people in front of us. So we left. (After standing in the cold for an hour and a half.)
Then we drove over to Kohls. We knew what we were going to get. So I gave Tim his coupons and his list of items to purchase. We stood in the cold for about 20 minutes and then literally ran into the store. Success!! Tim was faster than me and didn't have to stand in line for very long. I stood in line for about 20 minutes. But the things you will do for a $30 microwave!
We were going to get a DS lite for Caden but we went to 2 different stores after Kohls and they were both sold out at 5 am. We did buy a few other items at Wal-Mart. But the lines were insane!! We stood in one line for at least 20 minutes and didn't move. Tim was getting tired so he went and sat in the car. I decided to be brave and try another line, I was able get out of there after another 30 mins or so. We got back at my parents house about 7:30 or so. It all started to blur together....
******************************************
That night Suzi, Jeff, Melinda, Dylan, Alyssa, Jana and Anthony came to my parents house to hang out. We pulled out my Mom's Beatles Rock Band Set that I secretly helped her buy. BTW - Jeff is the BEST Rock Band Drummer I have ever seen play.
Alyssa singing and being cute:Dylan being grumpy:
Jana about 3 weeks before Zoe was born.
**********************************************************
When we got to Utah we realized that the BYU/Utah football game was on Saturday. Tim told my mom that was going to get tickets for the game -- and for FREE. My mom didn't believe that he could pull it off. Tim sent out some text messages to some friends. The next day he had scored 4 free tickets to the game thanks to his brother Jeff and APX. So Tim and the boys went to the game and met up with Suzi, Jana and Anthony. GO COUGARS! (Now Miles says that he wants to go to BYU after going to the game. (YAY!)

Sunday, January 17, 2010
Thanksgiving 2009
Posted by
brittany doll
at
2:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I really like that picture of you and Avery....good picture!
Post a Comment