Saturday, October 10, 2009

Golden Gate Bridge

We took our YW and YM on an outing to the Golden Gate Bridge. I brought Miles along. Why do we live so close to these amazing landmarks, but never go to them. I will tell you that I hate going into San Francisco. There are too many (weird) people, too many cars and not enough parking just for starters. Anyway, the Bridge really is amazing and it was clear that morning and could see across the bay. Miles said he was scared of heights and didn't want to walk on it but I made him go. Miles and I ended up cutting our activity short - we had to drive back home because Tim's kidney stones decided to make an appearance that day. The rest of the youth and leaders stayed for a picnic near the beach.
Miles being afraid of walking on the bridge:
Can you tell he was having a great time?
Then, when we started to walk back he was suddenly not afraid anymore. He kept looking over and spitting and watch his spit slowly twirl down towards the water. I guess that is what 9 year old boys like.
This is my favorite picture.


2 comments:

Adams said...

BOYS!!!!

Michelle said...

I feel the same way about living in Utah. There are so many beautiful places in the area, but how often do we get out and enjoy them?!

I bet it was neat to be that high on the bridge, even though it is a little scary.