Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Livin' in fast forward ---->

I have been extremely busy and extremely tired the last 3 weeks or so.
Here is a quick rundown of what has been on my calendar:

October 1: I got a new job! I started watching our friend Sophie McKissick from 6:30 to 1:30 everyday! She is exactly a month younger than Alexandra. We usually hang out, go shopping once in awhile, take naps and change lots of diapers. Every time I go out with them everyone asks me if they are twins. They look nothing alike, but I think I am just going to start saying yes.

October 9: My mom flew in from Utah to hang out with us and help me our with Midnight Madness. She taught a dried flower arrangement class for me. While she was here we went to the Clayton Valley Pumpkin Farm. We also ran a ton of errands while she was here. Don't know if that is much of a vacation for her, but I am glad she was here.
October 12: Midnight Madness!! The evening went good. No huge problems that I can think of. Here is a list of projects that we did: dried flower arrangements, small Christmas boxes (which took a lot longer to make than anyone expected), picture frames decorated with scrapbooking paper and other embellishments, a quiet book (that I designed), a welcome sign with vinyl lettering and and Family Home Evening board with vinyl lettering, glass etching and a free candy making class. (I think that is more to remind me what we did. I went to another wards Midnight madness last weekend and got some good ideas for next year.) I am sick of looking at the projects that have been sitting at my house for the last 2 months.
Did I mention that it POURED rain that day. My mom and I were taking all the supplies into the church and got drenched. Then I picked up Miles from school that afternoon. He didn't have a jacket and I didn't have my umbrella, so we were soaked when we got into the car. Plus Caden and Alexandra were not on their best/cooperative behavior that day. It was a long day.

October 16: My mom went home. The week she was here went by so fast. We ate out a lot because we were out doing stuff the whole time she was here. We had Costco Pizza twice and McDonald's twice. Plus we went to Digger's with the Rossi's. (My mom and Chris are good "buddies" so we try to get together once while she is out here.)

October 17-20: Our annual girls "scrapbooking" trip. We congregated at Jen's new/huge house in Brentwood. I was unable to spend the night on Wednesday or Thursday nights, but I spent as much time as I could in the evenings with my good friends. I know I missed out on some "juicy" conversations, but I still had fun hanging out and talking, and I did get a few small projects done. Cadi flew out from Arizona and Naomi came from Utah. Valorie couldn't make it from Idaho because her little boy is due in 3 weeks! April J. and Tara made every ones scrapbook pages from last year, that turned out great. Jen and I were picked to make the pages for this year.

So those were the major things that has happened the last few weeks not to mention the smaller things like Dr. appointments, baseball practices, meetings, stamp club, Tim's softball games, Halloween party at the Jacobs', I volunteered at the school Book Fair last night and daily tasks such as laundry, cooking dinner and clean up! Wow! I am tired just writing this!

2 comments:

Emilee said...

It sounds to me like life gets 3x busier when your kids are in school & sports, I'm going to enjoy our phase right now! Glad that the Midnight Madness went well! I'd love to see/ get a copy of the quiet book that you designed!

Mel said...

Ummmmm, SLOW DOWN!!! I am tired from reading all that you have going on.