Monday, September 27, 2010

Collins Lake {July 2010}

This summer we went camping with the Rossi's and Crawford's at Collins Lake. We decided to go about 5 days before we left. (I think we are better at last minute plans than long term, because something usually comes up these days.) Traffic was bad getting up there but it was such a fun place to stay. We spent 2 nights which is the perfect amount of time for camping.

Cooking s'mores.
We camped right on the water. The water was nice and warm too. There was also a rope someone had put in a tree. The kids loved swinging in it. Especially Alexandra. She wasn't sure about the boat rides so she spent a lot of time on shore and in the rope swing.
ALL the kids liked throwing rocks into the lake. I think a few of them got in trouble at various times though.
We all took turns on the boat and and on the tube.
Miles being brave and going all by himself:
Tim & Chris!
Caden
Avery & Tim on the boat.
There were some funny moments and a scary moment.

Funny:
Tim told Miles to take his shorts into the lake and wash them off since they were pretty dirty. Miles went in the water and started to wash them off. Then Chris jokingly told Miles to stomp the shorts into the ground because that is what got them really clean. So Miles actually did it -- about 4 feet under water. Then Miles couldn't find the shorts. We thought they were gone. (and I had just bought them 2 weeks ago.) So I get in the water with Miles and start using our feet to try and find the shorts. Luckily Miles found them about 10 minutes later.

Scary:
Tim bought a large blow up tube for the kids to play in around the edge of the water. Caden gets into the tube and starts floating around. He has his life jacket in the tube with him but he didn't put it on. All of a sudden Caden and the tube are quite a far distance from the shore, clear out by the buoy's. I start yelling at Tim that Caden needs help. Caden starts to panic and jumps out the tube without his life jacket on but holds onto the tube and is trying to swim back to shore. I yell at Tim again to go help Caden -- because I am not a strong swimmer. Another guy sees that Caden is starting to struggle. Caden finally lets go of the tube and is trying to swim on his own but he has his sandals on and he is getting tired fast. I jump into the water but the other guys jumps in and gets to Caden first and brings him back to shore. The tube is still a good 200 yards away from shore. It was a little scary for a few seconds and Caden was shook up for a while. But everyone was safe and we even got the tube back.

No comments: