Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June Happenings

So I haven't posted anything in over 3 weeks. Ummm.. Yeah.. We are alive and have actually been quite busy.
1. We had family come into town from Utah and Washington.
2. We had Caden's baseball team end of the season party.
3. School ended.
4. Caden & Miles went to Old Sacramento with their Grandpa Doll, Uncle Nick, and their cousins Carson and Spencer. They went to the train museum there. They also rode Amtrak to Sacramento and back. They also met up with their Great-Grandpa Doll who decided that his great-grandsons all needed ice cream cones. It was a "boys only" trip that day. While the boys were gone Tim, Alexandra and I drove up to Rancho Cordova to scope out the area for the YM river rafting trip, which Tim was in charge of, for the following Saturday. We then went to Chili's for lunch. We ordered way too much food ... but when you have a gift card you can do that, right?
That night we celebrated Kati's birthday and Father's Day with a BBQ. The boys swam in grandma's backyard. We also had German Chocolate cake from Sweet Affair, which Alexandra loved.

Cousins & swimming at Grandma's backyard

Enjoying the German Chocolate Cake
5. Miles went to scout camp.
6. I took Caden and Alexandra to the Contra Loma swimming area. I forgot to take my camera that day. Caden had a blast swimming with his friends. And I got burned on my back and my legs.
7. Tim took the boys with him on the Stake YM river rafting trip. They had a great time and were really good. I was worried because Tim was in charge of the whole day but it sounded like everything thing went well, and everyone who went had fun. Tim didn't put any sun screen on that day. He came home bright red.
8. Miles started summer school for the next 4 weeks.
9. Tim went to San Diego for a computer program conference. I don't know if he played more or learned more. He and another co-worker flew down Wednesday night and went to a Padres games. Thursday night the conference paid for them to go to Sea World. He flew home Friday evening. (I was glad that he was back.)
10. Alexandra's molars decided to come through. She has not been very happy lately.
You can see she has had a runny nose for the last few weeks.
11. Tim and the boys have gone to 3 A's games for the month. (I've only gotten to go to one this whole season.)
12. And we are still moving. We have had the inspection and the plan is to close once Tim's dad gets back from Peru (the middle of July). Then we are going to remodel the kitchen before we move in. So we are hoping to be in the house the middle of August. I have been slowly packing. I have also been throwing things away and making piles for the DI truck.
13. We are still undecided for a baby name. Peyton and Avery are both out. Tim really wants Bailey. We'll see if we change our minds again by the time she actually gets here.

2 comments:

Char said...

Wow! You guys have been busy. We have loved the name Bailey for years. The funny thing is that Avery and Payton are on our list as well. You guys have wonderful taste! Picking names is so hard for us. Good luck!

Jessica said...

Bailey FTW!!! :)