Has it really been that long?? Tim and I got married 9 years ago today in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. I just want to say to Tim that I LOVE YOU!! (I already posted last month things about Tim that I was grateful for). Like I said before, It hasn't been easy all the time, but it has been worth it.
The first 2 pictures were taken the evening we got engaged. (August 15, 1998) We went to the San Francisco Giants game against the Florida Marlins. You proposed during the 5th inning. (You were so nervous/excited that you couldn't wait until the 7th inning stretch). I went to the bathroom and when I came back the box with the ring was sitting on my chair. You whispered in my ear and asked "Will you marry me?" I looked at the ring (and couldn't believe how big it was) and then I said yes! We then met up with your sister Kati and her boyfriend at the time and went to Planet Hollywood for dinner. While we visiting in California, your parents were in Utah, so your mom made arrangements so that I could stay with Erma McClintock. (Where we got the red carpet treatment). I pretty much met your entire family and extended family before I met your parents.
I love these pictures because it doesn't seem like that long ago that this all happened, but we look so YOUNG!! The day we got married was cold and windy!! We didn't get many pictures taken outside of the temple because of the wind. We were lucky to have so many family members and friends there to support us. (Even Grandma Doll was there.) I remember driving in the car with my mom and your dad on our way to the temple. I was pretty nervous, and kept asking myself if this was really happening? You seemed calm, but inside I think you were nervous too.
Funny things (and not so funny things) that happened on our wedding day:
*We had Boston Market cater our luncheon. They didn't bring enough mashed potatoes and we ran out! After few years later, you said that never even liked Boston Market food.
*We called to see what time the cake was going to be delivered to the church. They had wrote down the wrong date and it wasn't decorated. So our wedding cake arrived about halfway through the reception. (We had a fake cake sitting on the stand).
*After the luncheon, your parents took you back to the hotel where they were staying. And I went home with my parents. Didn't think anything of it until a few years later. Hmmm, that was weird.
*I couldn't find our plane tickets for our Honeymoon. I freaked out because I thought I had lost them. Turns out that you had them the whole time. (But I didn't know because you were at the hotel with your parents.)
It's hard trying to find the time to celebrate an Anniversary the week before Christmas, but we will figure out something this weekend!
Happy Anniversary sweetie!







3 comments:
Hmmm... which boyfriend was that? You guys do look so young and well rested. That was before you had Miles and Caden to wear ya out!
I agree, you do look young! Congrats guys!!
That was fun to read- you never know how it all started (I mean about everyone else)
Post a Comment