I think I jinxed myself with my last post because It took me and the kids a lot longer to get to Utah then we expected. Oh wait we probably could have driven to Utah fast than sitting at airports all day long. So the story goes like this (and Miles likes to tell everyone too) ... We missed our flight going to Utah. We left the house at 7:00 a.m. after trying to print out my boarding passes and the printer running out of ink halfway through, making a quick stop to McDonald's, getting gas, hitting the morning traffic, seeing an accident on the side of the freeway, and construction at the airport, we got inside the airport 15 minutes before the plane was supposed to leave. No one from Southwest even tried to help me with the 3 kids in tow. They just said too bad ... here stand in this line and check your bags. And then the nice workers at Southwest had the nerve to let another family cut in front of me in that line because they "got in the wrong line." I almost lost it. I didn't know if I should cry or start yelling. I didn't do either. I just calmly stood there. We finally got to the front of the baggage checking line (which took longer than a line at Disneyland) and told them my problem. They checked my bags to Utah and told me that I could get on stand-by for a 12:35 flight to Utah. So we waited for that flight for 3 hours. And then after the wait, there was only one seat open. So a nicer Southwest worker helped me out. He said that my options were 1. Go home and come back the next day and get on a flight, or 2. We could fly down to L.A. and then from L.A. get on a plane to Utah. I called Tim because I didn't know what to do. We decided to go with option #2. Besides our bags were already in the air on their way to Utah. So we got our new tickets and waited about an hour and got on the plane headed to L.A. No problems. Then we had to wait another 3 hours because the plane that was going to take us to Utah was delayed about an hour. So we ate dinner and looked at the gift shops at LAX and waited for the next plane. It finally came. We got on and was finally on our way to UTAH. After an hour and 40 minute flight. We finally made it to Utah at 10:30 p.m. Hallelujah! I have to say the kids were SO GOOD!! Alexandra had a rough 20 minute period on the last flight just because she was so tired. We we survived a very long day and 2 airplane ride to get to there.
(Note to self: NEVER EVER miss a flight again.)
Friday, August 31, 2007
Getting to Utah ...
Posted by
brittany doll
at
2:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment