We read stories to Caden about the tooth fairy and loosing teeth. Caden's tooth is kind of like the story Andrew's Loose Tooth by Robert Munsch. No matter what - his teeth do not like to easily fall out. His gums like to hold onto his teeth as long as possible. So his top tooth has been loose for about 3 weeks. We kept telling him to wiggle it so it would come out. Even his classmates were telling him to wiggle it so it could fall out.
On Friday it looked like this: (barely hanging there but not wanting to fall out on its own. It was grossing me out a little.)I told him that he would NOT be going back to school on Monday with that tooth still hanging there. Tim pinned him down in the front room to pull it out.
He was going to use pliers. I told Tim to wait and I would get a wet washcloth to cover the pliers. (Because that is what my dad did to us.) While I was getting the washcloth wet Tim decided just to use his hands and he pulled out the tooth. It came out quickly and easily! But Caden wasn't too happy and cried for a few minutes longer after the tooth came out.
The tooth fairy forgot to come that night. We told Caden it was because he stayed up so late that the tooth fairy had already come and gone from our city. So the next night the tooth fairy came and gave Caden $5 for being a day late. Lucky kid.
The crazy thing is that his permanent tooth is already making a big appearance.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Caden's Loose Tooth
Posted by
brittany doll
at
12:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh that looks painful! And I'm not talking about Tim yanking it out....when his tooth was still in there looked painful! If only our kids would listen to us....
For some reason, loose teeth gross me out! Caden sounds just like Ethan. Those teeth hang in there FOREVER! I think its just to bother me.
Post a Comment