Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Food, Friends & Fun - across the country

Last week I was able to travel to Oklahoma to hang out with 2 of my best friends. Charlene and Alisa. Alisa grew up in Okie and recently moved back there. Charlene AKA "Chuck" grew up in Utah and recently moved to Nampa, ID. They both had been living in Utah so everytime I was in Utah we got together. We were college roommates and we just "clicked." Since we lived together for a year and a half. We know A LOT about each other, played a lot of pranks and - YES - they were both there when I met Tim and started dating him. Here is a picture of the 3 of us in 1998. (We were a lot skinnier back then!)

Charlene and I flew out to Tulsa, Oklahoma on Wednesday. We stopped at the World's Largest McDonald's and then spent the night at Alisa's home before making our way to Branson, Missouri. Thursday we drove to Branson. We went to the Dixie Stampede show that evening. The food was crazy! We got a biscuit, creamy chicken soup (yummy!), a chicken, a slice of pork, a 1/2 of a potato, corn on the cob, an apple turnover and all the Diet Pepsi I could drink.
Friday we went to the Hollywood Wax Museum. We had TOO MUCH FUN and got some good blackmail pictures (that will NOT be posted.)

We also did a ton of shopping. We went to the Children's Place Outlet, Disney Store Outlet and hit many of the souvenir shops.
We also went to Branson Landing which is a newer area that is alot like the Gateway in Salt Lake City. They have a water show every hour synchronized to music. And they had their Christmas decor out.

We also did a lot of eating. Chuck got a Twinkie dipped in Chocolate! We also ate truffles, fudge, Krispy Kremes and stopped at a Russell Stovers Store on the way home and picked up more Chocolate.
All of our junk food!!
I was tempted to get this LARGE box of chocolates, but just took a picture instead.
We also ate at Fall Creek Restaurant, where they throw you fresh baked rolls across the room. We drove back to Oklahoma on Saturday. Before we left we had to go see Bubba's Drive Thru in Jay, OK. You literally drive your entire car though the store and tell the worker what you would like and they get it for you. You don't even get out of the car!!
Our trip had to sadly come to an end. We had to get back to our families and husbands who took work off and watch our kids so that we could play. We had so much fun talking and being together. I truly had a blast. I love you ladies!

4 comments:

Char said...

Where's the picture of you and Marilyn? Your blog post was much better than mine. Maybe I should be a little more detailed. I had so much fun and cant wait until I see you two crazy ladies again!

David Adams said...

I have to agree...I think yours is the best blog post. I was so excited to get our pictures on that I didn't take enough time to really write down what we did. But I meant what I said that I "remembered" and realized a lot of stuff about myself. I love you girls for bringing that out in me.

David Adams said...

oops....that last post was from me, Alisa, not my husband....

Brianne said...

How fun britt!! I'm so glad you got lucky and had awesome roomies up at ricks. That place where they threw the rolls at the restaurant is that the same place that we went before!??! and they say HOT ROLLS?! I was super jealous you got to go! Did you eat that whole chicken at the dixie stampede? did you eat a chocolate covered twinkie like chuck?!
I love the pics of the wax museum!